Performance Tuning for the MySQL Database
You will learn how to:
- Choose the best storage engine to suit your dataset and traffic.
- Configure MySQL for best connection concurrency vs memory footprint.
- Design your schema, normalize it, and know when to de-normalize!
- Tune your SQL queries with inside knowledge of the MySQL Optimizer.
- Design your application to handle scaling out with MySQL Replication.
Who is this course for?
This course is for the skilled DBA who wants to optimize his usage of the MySQL server in all areas.
Basic DBA knowledge is required. It is recommended that students attend the “Administering MySQL” training course prior to registering for the Performance Tuning course.
- Instructor led course with hands-on lab exercises.
- Each student will be provided with an individual computer/workstation.
Table of contents (subject to changes):
- Tuning Overview
- Collecting Information
- Schema Tuning
- Query Tuning
- Server Configuration
- Common Bottlenecks