Administering a MySQL® Database
You will learn how to:
- Install and configure the server
- Manage user accounts and privileges
- Choose and configure storage engines
- Design, backup, restore and upgrade your databases
- Handle crash recovery and emergency fail over
- Implement database replication and monitoring
Who is this course for?
This course is both for new DBAs who want to learn all the tricks of the trade, as well as more knowledgeable DBAs who want to extend their skills to master all parts of administering a MySQL server.
Basic SQL knowledge is needed, as well as a mastery of fundamental database concepts. Prior usage of MySQL is recommended, but not required
- Instructor led course with hands-on lab exercises.
- Each student will be provided with an individual computer/workstation.
Table of contents (subject to changes):
- Client Utilities
- Storage Engines
- Resource Usage
- Data Types
- High Availability